Wednesday 29 January 2014

Resolutions Update

January is nearly already over, which is such a terrible thought – where has it gone? Am I the only one who thinks it's just flown by? 

Alas, as January 2014 comes to an end, the word ‘resolution’ is probably a distant memory for many…But I’m still trying my hardest to continue on with mine (even though I have found it very hard within the last week to try and continue on with some of them)

So…how have I done so far?

  • ·      Takeaway free month – Defeated :(


Well that's a good start! >:(

      My resolution of a zero takeaway month included ALL food not made at home. Whether it was fast food, store bought food whilst out shopping or restaurant meals; everything needed to be home made. So, yep, you guessed it, I failed.

I failed three times in total (jeez). Two were non negotiable as they were sit down meals for my sisters birthday and a family get together. However, I did fail on my own as I went to Burger King. (oops)

My excuse? I hadn’t eaten all day and my other half was getting one, which put temptation into overdrive and ultimately I buckled. Light healthy snacking and a better lunch would have stopped it! Silly me. I have no one to blame but myself...drat.

I do regret eating it (that beautiful, guacamole filled, new California, delicious Burger King burger…) as I felt I've failed myself, but I have done much better than I expected. But next month, there is no excuse! ZERO, NADA, NONE, NULL, NO takeaways!

  • ·      Treat my feet once a month for a year - Success :)

Yay, success!

My poor little feet had been suffering from a neglectful owner for some time now, but I have pampered these beauties back to their original glory.



Ok, ok, so my feet weren’t as bad as the ones on the front of this packaging, but I will admit I’m not a naturally soft heeled person. But this stuff has made such a huge difference. I genuinely saw a change the next day and now a week later (only using it once a day, not twice as instructed) my feet are smooth and soft to the touch. 

Not bad for a £4.89 cream! I have used other brands similar to this, like Flexitol, but this one is a few quid cheaper and just as good! (See the below link for further details)
  • ·     Go to High gate cemetery – I will be doing this adventure this coming weekend. Watch this space – Success 


  •      1 hour workout everyday (1 rest day a week) Defeated :(

But mummmmmmmmmmm, I don’t want to work out!

Ok, so I lasted about three weeks working out every day but I have let my my workings out dwindled significantly this past week. Does it count that I swam for an hour and a half last Friday? Or that I’ve been eating relatively healthy and watching my calories intake instead? No? Bugger.

Ok, back on the working out band wagon it is then…Next month - it's on!



  • ·       Do one gym workout this month Success :)

Though I haven’t worked out every day as intended, I have gone to the gym four times this month and as mentioned above, I’ve been swimming too! Now to keep it up – eurgh! My body will thank me later and so will the future me!


  • ·     No buying cosmetics - Success :)
I am a Boots addict! That place is my idea of heaven and hell. I cannot go on any shopping trip without visiting it I swear! So much so that when my other and I go shopping he’ll always ask what I need from Boots even though I haven’t asked to go there (HE KNOW’S ME TOO WELL!).

But – as you can see from my below post, I have been lucky to get so many freebies and samples that I don’t actually need anything at all. Therefore, I am considering this one a win for me.

So, all in all, six January resolutions were made and four were been completed (I will go on a London adventure this weekend, promise!)

Though I am somewhat proud of myself for my first attempt I do know I need to keep to all my resolutions. They are set in stone as far as I'm concerned and I need to remember that!

Time for some Rocky inspiration music…


How have you lot been doing with your resolutions? If you didn't make any, it's never too late! Is there anything you would really like to achieve this year? Do you want to do something that is completely out of your comfort zone? Let me know what it is in the comments below!

Toodles.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© kirsty london. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig