Friday 16 May 2014

Nail Art

I absolutely love doing my nails; I find the whole process so therapeutic (when it goes all to plan that is, otherwise I usually end up having a hissy fit and scuffing them all!).

Before I even paint the little bleeders, I always spend a good 30 minutes prepping them.

I start off by rubbing oil into them (I use this Sally Hansen oil which can be bought from Boots: http://www.sallyhansen.com/nails/nail-care/cuticle-care/vitamin-e-nail-cuticle-oil), I push back my cuticles and remove all dirt from the top of my nails, I cut away any bits of awful hang nail and then finish them off by buffing and filing them into my desired shape.

My nails don't grow very easily and tend to be quite weak if they don't have any varnish on them, so I usually always have my nails done (But I do give them a two day rest period each week without any varnish on them).

I have always done some type of ‘nail art’ on my nails for years, whether it was a few dots, glitter or accent nails, but I’ve never really become an expert at it (though I would like to). So this year I’m aiming to really hone in my skills and create some amazing and flawless designs (stalking nail technicians on Instagram will help inspire me!)

Here are just a few designs I've managed to do over the last several weeks, I hope you like them!



These are my nails at the moment and I love them!

I love this bold red with the cute little flowers on an accent nail. This is one of my favourite designs I've done so far.

The won this red polish from a competition with Semichem. They gave several Little Mix products away and this was one of them!



I love Barry M, it's one of my favourite varnish brands. Their varnishes have great longevity and the colours and effects they create are outstanding - they're relatively cheap too! This blue colour is from their 'Silk' range and I adore it. It's a pale, pastel shade with is really on trend at the moment and I can't get enough of it!

This mint green polish is by Revlon which I bought for a £1 in Poundland! Bargain and it's great quality! Revlon are another varnish brand I tend to stock up on!



This is the same blue 'Silk' varnish I mentioned before and the purple flowers are created by Rimmel's Salon Pro Varnish in Purple rain (the lighter purple) and the deeper purple is a Barry M Varnish called Plum.


This is the same blue 'Silk' varnish I mentioned before but this has the Barry M Pink Crystal Glaze on top. I love the effect and with other colours it adds a lot of depth.


Revlon Mint Green 


Barry M Ombre effect with Teal and Blue Nail Varnish





































I hope you have enjoyed my beginner nail art designs and if you have any pictures of your nail art, feel free to link me to them in the comments below!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oh thank you sweet heart! I'm just checking out your blog now too! Have a fabulous weekend! x

    ReplyDelete

© kirsty london. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig