Wednesday 14 January 2015

Resolutions (Kick up the arse) 2015 Edition


‘Why wait until the new year to make a change?’

Realistically, you can make a change in your life whenever you feel like, there isn't really a need to wait until a certain date to do it. However, for me, I guess there’s something quite therapeutic and fulfilling looking back at my last year’s achievements and adventures along with my completed and outstanding resolutions.

Life can become so repetitive and dull sometimes; days and weeks suddenly start merging into one, big, long muddle of memories, work, chores and forgotten aspirations, it's easy to get bogged down with life and find that another year has passed by and you really have nothing to show for it. 

With my resolutions, instead of doing self improvements, which I'm always trying to do (cos' let's face it, there's a lot that needs improving) I instead set aside adventures and dreams I’d like to do throughout the year and to make them easy to manage and actually achieve, I organise them from month to month. 

For instance, I really want to go surfing and it just so happens my friends are getting married in Cornwall in June, so for June, I want to ensure I go surfing. Another example would be I want to eat clean for an entire month or not to have any takeaways. 

Hopefully you can see the pattern, I just want to ensure that I’ve tried my hand at as many things I can, try and be healthy as possible, all the while doing things I usually just forget about.

(It’s basically just me kicking myself up the arse and getting myself into gear, which I think we all need sometimes).

So here it is, my 'kick up the arse' for the entire year:

J a n u a r y

Meet new people at the London Blogger Meet up (I'm ill, so I won't do much this month!)

F e b r u a r y

Go to the gym at least 4 times
Eat clean for an entire month
Book a holiday! (Hopefully to America. Fingers crossed)

M a r c h

Buy a new wardrobe (Heck knows I need one)
Go to the gym at least 4 times
No takeaways for the entire month

A p r i l

Try at least ten new types of food
Visit Bath
Book another holiday! (I need to decide where to!)
Go to the gym at least 4 times

M a y

Go to the Lake District
Either do a fun run or run for 7 miles in one go
Pass my driving test (Lawd' please let this happen)
Go to the gym at least 4 times

J u n e

Go surfing 
No takeaways for the entire month
Go swimming twice this month
Spend more time outdoors – do at least five activities outdoors, throughout the month

J u l y

Go swimming twice this month
Buy myself a new camera
Make a video/vlog about the entire month with new camera
Do something different for your birthday!
Try a yoga class
Spend more time outdoors – do at least five activities outdoors, throughout the month

A u g u s t

Cook 7 meals this month from a cookbook! (I can cook, I just never follow recipes!)
Visit Holkham Hall (and the beach!)
Go swimming twice this month
Spend more time outdoors – do at least five activities outdoors, throughout the month

S e p t e m b e r

Buy Christmas presents this month!!! Get it done early!
GO ON HOLIDAY!
Go horse riding

N o v e m b e r

GO ON HOLIDAY!
No takeaways for the entire month

D e c e m b e r 

Do not buy yourself anything this month! (cry)

I'll probably make some amends to this list and I'll probably miss a few out, but I'm going to try my hardest to make this year filled with adventures and wonderful memories.

























Have you made any resolutions this year? Do you even think there worthwhile? Can you think of any adventures I can embark on? Let me know in the comments below.

<3
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© kirsty london. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig