Friday 26 June 2015

Wedding Guest Outfit - New Look, AX Paris & H&M


Hands up, most of the time, I dress like a bit of a goth. 

My favorite color is black (it goes with everything), my cat is black (to reiterate the fact that I'm really a witch) and I have constant resting bitch face (I promise, I'm not angry).

Last year, two of my dear friends got engaged and they thoughtfully decided to invite me to their big day in June this year. I couldn't (probably could have) have worn black to a wedding in the middle of June?! Even I thought that was bit too goffy for my liking.

But a
fter 7 months of searching for the perfect dress I found nothing, nada, niente! I felt as if the Universe was toying with me. However, 1 week before the wedding I was at breaking point. I hadn't found one single dress that fitted me or which wasn't black, white or red. I had given up. I quietly said to myself "buy any dress, any dress that fits, buy it quick and end this madness".

So off I popped to Westfields in Shepherds Bush on my 400th dress shopping expedition and moseyed around New Look which is where I found this beauty.
 

After what felt like an eternity hunting for a dress, the universe had quite literally handed me this perfect little navy floral number from AX Paris (a concession stand in New Look). It wasn't too jazzy, it was a little bit summery, it fitted like a dream and it didn't cost an arm and a leg (it was £30); it was exactly what I was looking for! 

I’ve never bought a single thing from AX Paris but I'm so thoroughly impressed that I've stumbled across their shop. The flower print is placed perfectly to highlight and accentuate curves whilst the material almost feels like soft scuba suit material, in a good way! The weather was absolutely boiling on their big day but I felt cool as a cucumber! AX Paris seem to do similar dresses to this one but in different styles, so you have the choice of this print in either a skater dress or a plunging midi dress! Good job AX Paris! Who doesn't love a choice?

I paired my dress with
these open toed sandal/shoes from New Look and also decided to continue the summery floral theme but putting some faux flowers in my hair from H&M.

















































It was probably the most perfect wedding day I've ever attended and I'm so glad I found this wonderful dress just in time. Have any of you shopped with AX Paris before? Do you know of any other non-high street shops that create quality clothes? Let me know in the comments below.

SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Lovely post. The dress looks beautiful. X
    www.Brunettecanvas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely and thanks for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful and the outfit is stunning :) x

    Phoebe | Phoebe’s Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! You're making me blush! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely dress, you look gorgeous!

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Thank you lovely! That's really sweet! xx

      Delete
  4. You look amazing! Your dress is stunning!
    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you darling! You're so sweet! xx

      Delete
  5. That dress looks absolutely stunning on you! xx

    La'bell | labellwong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! I'm fully in love with this dress! xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely outfit :) I haven't been to a wedding in ages but a woman I work with is getting married in August!
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww lovely! Oooo an August wedding should be nice! I hope the weather is gorgeous for you all! xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful dress and perfect look for a summer wedding! I haven't come across AX Paris before but I think I might check out what else they have to offer as I have a wedding to attend in 3 weeks!
    Best wishes, Leanne
    https://serendipityhistoryandme.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to check it out for any more future events! Seems like a great shop with quality products! Good luck finding a dress! xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful dress. New Look is great, it’s affordable and really fashionable x
    Alina from The Fairytale Pretty Picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling and you're so right! It's affordable and a nice dress! That's quite hard to find! (well, for me!) x

      Delete
  9. Great outfit :) That dress is gorgeous!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart! I'm in love with it! x

      Delete
  10. i'm the same way, that dress is really pretty though :)

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so pretty! It can be such a struggle to find a decent dress I know but you've hit the nail on the head - lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you sweetheart! I know right! Why is dress shopping so bloody hard?!? haha xx

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you darling! I really appreciate it :) x

      Delete

© kirsty london. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig